The SOIT Barometer is the first and the only initiative in Poland undertaking the challenge of measuring the Polish travel incentive market. The Association of Incentive Travel Organisers (SOIT) has been systematically testing the Barometer among its members since 2014. Measurements for years 2017-2019 were carried out by a certified agency, ABR SESTA, which also developed a comprehensive report covering studies from previous years.
The study was conducted for the first time in December 2014. The presented part of the report includes measurements (verifications) for 2015-2018 and a forecast for 2019.
- The study was conducted for 5 years in a row among SOIT members.
- We present part of the study that SOIT has decided to share with the media and select agencies.
- The data comes from over 91% of agencies associated in SOIT.
- The study for 2017 and 2018 and the forecast for 2019 was carried out by the certified ABR SESTA Agency.
Number of trips:
- SOIT members in 2018 organized 646 trips. In the forecast, it is declared that 695 trips were completed in 2019.
- Nearly 70% of SOIT members declare completion of over 30 trips annuallly on average in 2019.
- The average number of completed trips in 2018 for the SOIT Agency was 29.
- The average number of trips planned for 2019 for the SOIT Agency is 31.
Average travel budgets:
- 65% of European trips in 2017 had a budget above PLN 5,000
- 70% of European trips in 2018 had a budget above PLN 5,000
- 95% of trips outside of Europe in 2018 had a budget above PLN 8,000
- 45% of trips outside of Europe in 2018 had a budget above PLN 10,000
Length of trips:
- The average duration of trips in Europe since 2017 has increased from 3 to 4 days.
- The average duration of trips outside of Europe since 2017 has decreased from 8 to 7 days and this trend will continue in 2019.
- 65% of companies indicate the average duration of the tender process for over 4 weeks.
Number of participants:
- The average size of the group implemented by companies associated in SOIT amounted to 42 people in 2018. An increase to 43 people is expected in 2019.
- In 2017, SOIT companies served 39,414 people
- In 2018 SOIT companies served 35,362 people
- The forecast for 2019 – 37,423 people
- The turnover of SOIT companies from incentive trips amounted to PLN 213,400,000 in 2018.
- In 2019, we estimate the turnover to increase to the level of PLN 224,400,000.
- The estimated size of the incentive travel market in 2018 is PLN 652,914.652 compared with PLN 695,721,393 in 2017.
- The mood of the owners and managers in the companies surveyed in 2018 (on a scale of 0-10) was 6.7.
- 50% of SOIT companies predict an increase in the number of enquiries, while only 10% of companies forecast a decline in this number in 2019.